We have a guest writer this week!!
Katie Brady shares with us some of her tips and tricks on how to make it through a work day. Take a read and see what you should keep at your desk.
It’s hard to believe that just 14 months ago I graduated college and started my first big-girl job in downtown Chicago. I experienced several rookie mistakes my first year of employment. I’d like to pass on a couple tips & tricks for soon-to-be graduates and other young professionals.
First Step: Basic necessities every working gal should keep at her desk.
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste & Floss: Most people remember to buy the toothbrush and toothpaste, but don’t think to purchase floss. Trust me, nothing is worse than trying to use a thumbtack to to clear a piece of pineapple from your front teeth. Get the floss.
- Touch-Up Kit: Instead of lugging your entire beauty bar to the office, keep a couple basics on hand for afternoon touch-ups. Mascara and lipstick do wonders. As someone prone to dry skin, I also keep lotion in supply.
- Perfume: Once, my coworker accidentally doused herself with balsamic vinaigrette an hour before an important meeting. Luckily, I had some perfume to help her mask the smell. Get some of the best on-the-go perfumes here.
- Hair Accessories: Weather, stress and public transportation can be disasters for your hair. Keep a couple hair-ties, bobby-pins and/or butterfly clips on hand for a quick fix. You do not want to be the person who had to use a paperclip in your hair! Grab some easy hair accessories here.
- Shoes: You never know when you’re going to get asked to run an errand or, worse, pulled into an important client meeting. Because of this, I recommend keeping two types of shoes at your desk. One nice pair of heels (nothing transforms an outfit like a tasteful pair of pumps) and a pair of comfy trainers (your feet will thank you).
**Photography and content created by Katie Brady.